Texas State laws and Regulation Requirements For Inflatable Rental Companies.

  • Texas law requires all Class B amusement ride companies to carry certain coverage and have annual State safety inspections done on all rides/inflatables.
  • According to Texas state law, inflatables – whether it’s slides, bounce houses, or another kind of inflatable attraction – are classified as amusement rides.
  • In Texas all amusement rides can be divided into Class A and Class B types. Class A are amusement rides with fixed locations, designed primarily for use by children 12 and under. Class B are any amusement rides that aren’t Class A.
  • Inflatables, since they are designed to be deflated, moved, and inflated at varying locations, are not fixed location rides. As such, that means they are Class B amusement rides.
  • To be a fully legal inflatable Company in the State of Texas, you must have Active Insurance & Annual State Inspections for each inflatable.

Texas Bounce House Regulation

Currently, the State of Texas has specific regulations pertaining to the inflatable rental business. While this is subject to change, we recommend reaching out to your local city and county governments to get more details.
2151.052: FEES
(a) The commissioner shall establish reasonable and necessary fees, in an amount not to exceed $40 per year, for each amusement ride covered by this chapter.
(a) A person may not operate an amusement ride unless the person:
(1) has had the amusement ride inspected at least once a year by an insurer or a person with whom the insurer has contracted;
(2) obtains a written certificate from the insurer or person with whom the insurer has contracted stating that the amusement ride:
(A) has been inspected; (B) meets the standards for insurance coverage; and (C) is covered by the insurance required by Subdivision
(3) except as provided by Section 2151.1011, has a combined single limit or split limit insurance policy currently in effect written by an insurance company authorized to do business in this state or by a surplus lines insurer, as defined by Chapter 981, Insurance Code, or has an independently procured policy subject to Chapter 101, Insurance Code, insuring the owner or operator against liability for injury to persons arising out of the use of the amusement ride in an amount of not less than:
(A) for Class A amusement rides:
(i) $100,000 bodily injury and $50,000 property damage per occurrence with a $300,000 annual aggregate; or
(ii) a $150,000 per occurrence combined single limit with a $300,000 annual aggregate; and
(B) for Class B amusement rides:
(i) $1,000,000 bodily injury and $500,000 property damage per occurrence; or
(ii) $1,500,000 per occurrence combined single limit;
(4) files with the commissioner, as required by this chapter, the inspection certificate and the insurance policy or a photocopy of the certificate or policy authorized by the commissioner; and
(5) files with each sponsor, lessor, landowner, or other person responsible for the amusement ride being offered for use by the public a photocopy of the inspection certificate and the insurance policy required by this subsection.
(b) The inspection certificate and the insurance policy must be filed with the department before July 1 of each year, except that if an amusement ride is inspected more than once a year, the inspection certificate must be filed not later than the 15th day after the date of each inspection.
(c) A local government may satisfy the insurance requirement prescribed by Subsection (a) by obtaining liability coverage through an interlocal agreement.
State Contact Info: Loss Control Regulation Texas Department of Insurance Austin, TX P: 512.322.2253

Seach TDI website by click the tab below or give them a call.
(press ctrl and f. Then seach by town or business name)


© 2024 Bounce Town Inflatables               Powered by Event Rental Systems